Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sprite Updates!

Over the past few weeks, I've been updating sprites starting with the basic soldier sprite. Small things like gaps in the middle of the sprite began to bother me the more I looked at them. I felt they detract from the overall 'chibiness' of the sprite. The long barrel of the AK especially pissed me off.

The new sprites feature more colors and less outlines. I also added two head tilt sprites so the soldier will actaully LOOK up when he aims *gasp*!

For all the gun geeks out there, I've basically changed the soldiers rifle from an AKM with a folding stock to stock AKS -74U. The ammo boxes for the gun also have their ammo markings changed from 7.62mm to 5.45mm. The sidearm has been changed from some kind of arbitrary pistol to a USP .45 with an OD frame. The holster has also been changed from a generic design to something thats meant to imitate the BlackHawk CQC Serpa holster.

Man, I have way too much fun making this game.

No comments: